Ironblogging - Blogging a week at a time

One of the results of attending CMS Africa 2016 in Kampala, Uganda, was the creation of an Ironblogger network, IBCOCO. The intent was simple: there is a huge huge benefit from having an online presence, for every business, and blogging frequently is one of the ways to achieve this.


IBCOCO was conceived for global participation: the initial members hailed from Europe, East and West Africa. We work with rules, and the penalty for not blogging is either 5 Euro paid into a Paypal account, or one good deed, that you will blog about. You can blog in English, French or German.

Our blog posts are shared on social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook. We get access to readers outside our network, because of the fact that the group members are from diverse backgrounds and locations. For example, I have increased readership from European cities, places that may never have read my posts, because some Ironblogger members read and share my posts.

Sounds easy right? Well its not, but IBCOCO encourages you to be committed to something worthwhile. Its just once a week after all.
Everyone struggles to stay on top of their writing, especially me, beset by so many things pulling me left right front and center. In fact I owe up to two good deeds at the moment. We Africans especially, have challenges, like epileptic electricity, crazy internet service, and laptops and equipment that have minds of their own, but wee stay committed. Members can always count on the rest of the group reaching out. I hope to get a balance in my life, enough for me to blog more often - everyone knows I love writing and blogging, for the sake of it, not for money.

And speaking of the money in the till from defaulters, its used for things like server management, domain purchase and renewal, and more - a transparent account of the funds is also available on the site.

Why not join us? Reach out to us here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happyness

NYSC - national delay or service? Answer

I WALKED